Hello everyone! Today I’m sharing with you my review of this brush set by a brand called EcoTools. This was a birthday present from my brother and I was really excited to try them out when I unwrapped them. I wanted to make sure I’d used them a few times before writing a review so I could give you my honest opinion!
Disclaimer – this post is not sponsored, all opinions are my own!
- The brushes are PETA certified, meaning the bristles are 100% cruelty free and vegan.
- The ferrules are made from recycled aluminium.
- The packaging is tree free! It’s made with 20% cotton and 80% bamboo fibers.
- The handles of the brushes are made of renewable bamboo, one of the fastest growing plants on the planet!
The brushes are undeniably soft. I have washed the brushes several times since I received them and they’ve maintained they’re shape and are still as just as soft. The quality of these brushes are incredible.
With this set you receive:
- Foundation Brush – I don’t actually wear foundation that often so I’ve been trying this out for concealer, since I use it in my daily routine. I’ve found that it’s great for blending out under the eyes but when it comes to spots and blemishes I still prefer using a stippling brush for better coverage.
- Powder/Blush Brush – due to the size of these particular brushes I don’t use this brush as an overall powder brush, I still use my large brush. But for applying blusher, bronzer or highlighter powder this has been amazing! It blends really well and is small enough for control over the powder yet large enough to cover your cheek bones area.
- Shadow Brush – as I’ve mentioned several times already, these brushes are incredibly soft. So this brush is the perfect blending brush when it comes to eye shadow. You always need a clean, soft brush to blend out your eye shadow and this one is perfect. It’s fairly big so I’ve found it doesn’t work quite so well for actually applying the eye shadow as you end up with quite a messy look or a lot of powder fall, but blending on the other hand is great!
- Flat Eyeliner Brush – during the spring and summer months I switch out my liquid eyeliner for powder to create a softer look around my eyes. This brush is great because it’s flat so you can apply the powder (gel or cream) accurately onto your lash line.
- Lip Brush – I don’t use lip brushes all that often, so this is the only brush I’ve yet to try out. I only ever use lip brushes when I wear a darker shade of lipstick to apply the colour accurately onto my lips instead of creating a Miranda Sings lip look.. So I’m sure come Autumn/Winter time this brush will be useful for me but for now my nudes and soft pink colours are fine without the use of a lip brush!
So these brushes also come with the name/use printed on the side which I useful if you forget what it’s used for or your a beginner and need reassurance in choosing the right brush. However, obviously you can use them for any other use I’m sure!
You can read more about the brushes, EcoTools campaigns and prices here.
Thank you for reading this post!
Jade Anna x