Today I am sharing with you this recipe for a chocolate and vanilla sponge marble cake. This recipe can easily be adapted to a multi-coloured rainbow cake by using food colouring.
- 8oz butter
- 8oz caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8oz self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Wafer flowers
- Chocolate buttercream
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C and grease your baking tin.
- Start by creaming together the butter and sugar into a bowl.
- Next beat in the eggs one at a time adding 1 tbsp flour each time.
- Then you need to add the flour and milk Fold until the mixture comes together.
- Half the mixture into separate bowls and add the cocoa powder into one bowl and the vanilla extract into the other. Mix it together.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tin, alternating between the chocolate mix and vanilla mix until you use all the mixture.
- Ensure the tin is evenly covered and tap the tin on the counter to remove air bubbles. Use a skewer to swirl the mixture to create the marble effect you desire.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, then decorate when it’s cool.
Thanks for reading this post
Jade Anna x