Hello everybody and welcome back to my blog. Today I am going to be showing you how to make this jar for all the books you have to read. I have so many books to read and I never know where to start or which one to choose, so this jar does it all for me and let’s fate decide.
You will need:
- A jar with a lid
- Sticky letters is any design (I picked up these scrabble inspired letters in Hobbycraft)
- Washi tape
- Other decorations, such as buttons, beads, etc
- Patterned paper
- Double-sided tape or glue
- A pencil
- Scrap paper to write your TBR books
- Start by wrapping your washi tape around the top of your jar to decorate it. Do this step slowly and carefully to avoid the tape crinkling because the surface is cylindrical.
Next stick on your letters, my jar I chose had ridged sides which made it really easy to position my letters.
- Then add on any extra decorations, I used floral buttons, and positioned them in various places over the jar. I also added a few over the seals of where he two ends of washi tape joined.
- Trace a circle from your jar lid onto the back of your patterned paper, cut it out and stick it to the lid.
Ta Da! You are done. Now there are no more hard decisions in choosing which book to read next. All you have to do is write out the book names on slips of paper, add to the jar and pick one out! As you can see from my jar I have a lot of books to read, so it looks like I’m going on a book buying ban for a while.
Hope you enjoyed reading this post!
Jade Anna x