Hello, today I’m sharing sixteen things I loved in 2016, enjoy!
1. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Oh my goodness! I loved the film so much and I’m so excited that there is more to come! Newt Scamander is a new fictional character crush I have along with the wonderful Eddie Redmayne who portrays the character! I digress, the point is the film was a m a z i n g and I loved every second of it.
2. The Walking Dead Comics. So if you don’t know this already I am a huge TWD fan! I love the show so much and have watched it repeatedly countless times and of course the first half of season seven has been incredible (and tearful). Nevertheless, towards the end of the year I decided to give the comics a try considering they came first and I love the show so why not right? At first I was ambiguous as to whether I would enjoy them because a lot of things were changed for the tv series. To begin with I was a little unsure but then I became completely hooked and it’s surprising how characters I love in the tv series I hate in the comics and characters I hate in the tv series I love in the comics! Big thumbs up, wish I’d read them sooner.
3. Undertale. I love this game so much and have seen countless play-throughs of it on YouTube (a few I recommend are jacksepticeye and DanAndPhilGAMES, also DanTDM has recently started playing it on livestream – but of course there are plenty of others to watch or play it yourself). I love the characters and the story lines (yes lines), there are three possible play-throughs: genocide, pacifist and neutral, and each one is incredibly well thought out and presented! My favourite character is Napstablook, he’s my spirit animal!
4. Percy Jackson. I’ve been dubious about reading this series because I honestly wasn’t sure I’d enjoy it. Oh how I was wrong. I’ve been completely hooked on the series and I know I’ll be purchasing the shorts and other related titles shortly.
5. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I love revisiting the world of Harry Potter earlier in the year, I’m not going into my thought of the play here though because I already have a post here dedicated to that!
6. Pokémon Sun and Moon. I completed Pokemon Sun within the first few days of the release, I was hooked. It is one of the best Pokemon games I’ve played in a long time and is my favourite since Gold and Silver. I’m now just working on completing my Pokedex – more slowly now though!
7. Word games. I’ve been really enjoying playing word games this year such as word searches, crosswords, scrabble, etc.
8. Double buns. I’ve loved styling my hair in two buns rather than one. It’s another great way of keeping my long hair out of the way when it gets annoying as well as looking really cute!
9. Baking. I’ve been really enjoying baking all kinds of different treats this year for my family. It’s been fun to experiment and it’s something that I’ll continue to do this year.
10. Merlin. 2016 was the year we got a new family member, my adorable cat Merlin. As a kitten Merlin started out being called Clover, but as “she” grew, we discovered something else had too, so Clover became Merlin. Nonetheless I love him to pieces!
11. Photography. I’ve really enjoyed going out and taking unique photos this year, I’m still not the best at it but I’ve been enjoying it and that’s what counts! I’ve uploaded a lot to Instagram and recently started a VSCO account too.
12. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. This year I’ve experimented with a new skin care routine (coming soon on my blog). My favourite product of my new skin care products is the Cleanse and Polish by Liz Earle.
13. Collection Concealer. I’ve been searching for the perfect concealer for years and I’ve finally found it! This covers up my spots and blemishes so well, I don’t even wear foundation often anymore and it’s done wonders for my confidence.
14. Hats. I’ve been loving wearing hats this year – sun hats, floppy hats, beanies, woolly hats. I look forward to expanding my collection in 2017.
15. Driving. This is an odd one for me to put on my list because I hated learning to drive so much. I passed my test in early March and had a car for my birthday and since then I’ve enjoyed the freedom to be able to drive where I want without relying on my parents. I’m still not a confident driver and hate some situations with awkward drivers and I hate town and city driving, but my confidence is growing and I’m happy!
16. Experimenting. My word to sum up 2016 would be experiment. I changed a lot in my life this year with a lot of experimenting and not only have I enjoyed changing things I was unhappy with but the outcome has been super successful! 2016 has taught me not to be afraid of trying new things and to embrace each opportunity I receive.
Thank you for reading this post!
Jade Anna x