I’ve made these decorations and documented my journey making them so you can make them too!
Most of them were fairly quick and simple, and you can get all the supplies from a local craft store.
- You will need a gold bauble, I decorated a plain gold one with glitter to make it extra sparkly.
- Cut the ends off two white craft feathers then glue them either side of the bauble.
- You will need a craft bauble that you can open and fill with decorations.
- Open the bauble and fill it with scrumpled red tissue paper.
- You can choose whichever characters you want but I chose Harry, Ron and Hermione.
- You will need old fashioned pegs used for making dolls, felt, paints, pens, wool and a hook.
- Decorate the pegs to look like the characters, i.e: Harry – glasses, scar, messy black hair, Hogwarts uniform with a Griffindor tie.
- Trace out a template of a tie to use on all four ties, there are plenty of templates online or you can do what I did and roughly drew it until I was happy with the design.
- Draw the lines on the ties with their respected house colours – Griffindor = red and gold, Slytherin = green and silver, Ravenclaw = blue and bronze, and Hufflepuff = yellow and black.
- Fill glass bottles with gems, beads, glitter, etc.
- Add a name card on each bottle, I wrote Amortentia, Polyjuice Potion, Veritaserum, Skele-Gro and Felix Felicis.
Jade Anna x