It’s the time of year for bonfires and fireworks, so what better way to celebrate than with the these bonfire inspired cupcakes.
- 4oz (100g) butter
- 4oz (100g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4oz self-raising flour
- 3-5 tbsp butterscotch syrup
1. Prepare your cupcake cases and pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale in colour, light in texture and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding 1tbsp flour each time.
4. Gently fold in the remaining flour with a metal spoon.
5. Add 3-5 tbsp of butterscotch syrup until you are satisfied with the flavour.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly brown and firm.
- Using ready made butter icing or make your own, add orange food colouring until you are satisfied with the colour.
- Pipe a circle of icing onto the middle of your cupcake.
- Break up flakes to make them smaller so they represent logs.
- Arrange the logs onto your cupcakes.
- Pipe extra flames up the side of your logs.
Hope you enjoyed reading this post!
Jade Anna x