Happy Halloween (for tomorrow)! Here’s a recipe for some biscuits with an example of how you can decorate them for Halloween.
- 8oz self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 5oz butter
- 4oz caster sugar
- 1 egg
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter finely, and add the sugar.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl then add it to the mixture.
- Mix into a stiff dough then turn out into a lightly dusted surface and knead gently until smooth.
- Wrap in cling film and set in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough till about 2cm thick, then cut out your shapes. (I used a gingerbread man cutter because of the decoration I decided)
- Transfer to a baking tray and prick the biscuits with a fork.
- Bake at 180°C for 12-15 minutes or until light brown.
- Leave to cool for 2-3 minutes then transfer to a cooling wire.
I decided to decorate the gingerbread men like voodoo dolls.
- Icing pens in various colours
- Any sweets or cake decorations
Go crazy and draw on scars and stitches, hearts, pins, etc until your happy with your creation!
Jade Anna x