Halloween is only a few weeks away which is so exciting! So to inspire any Halloween bakers this year I’ve compiled three different cupcake decorations.
- 4oz (100g) butter
- 4oz (100g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4oz self-raising flour
1. Prepare your cupcake cases and pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale in colour, light in texture and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding 1tbsp flour each time.
4. Gently fold in the remaining flour with a metal spoon.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly brown and firm.
6. Wait for the cupcakes to cool completely and pipe out your frosting.
- With royal icing, put a small amount on the top of the cake and stick a marshmallow on it.
- With the remaining royal icing, pour it over the marshmallow and let it drip over the cake (you may need to spread the icing around the cake).
- Add dark coloured or chocolate sprinkles for eyes and a mouth, and voila you have a ghost!
- Melt milk chocolate and pour over the cake.
- Melt white chocolate. Then using a cocktail stick, dip it into the white chocolate and create a web pattern on the top.
- Mix orange food colouring with butter icing, then using a star shaped nozzle, pipe on the icing to give it a textured pumpkin effect.
- Using any kind of green sweet you have, place it on top to create a pumpkin stalk.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this post, thanks for reading!
Jade Anna x