These watermelon inspired cupcakes are perfect for summer parties and events, or even a treat for yourself if you wish.
- 4oz (100g) butter
- 4oz (100g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4oz self-raising flour
- 2oz (50g) chocolate chips
- Red or pink food colouring
- Ready made butter icing OR
- Butter and icing sugar mixed together until you get the flavour and consistency you want
- Green food colouring
- Prepare your cupcake cases and pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale in colour, light in texture and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding 1tbsp flour each time.
- Gently fold in the remaining flour with a metal spoon.
- Add the chocolate chips and the red food colouring until it is even and you have the colour you want.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly brown and firm.
- Wait for the cupcakes to cool completely and pipe out your frosting.
Ta Da! A watermelon inspired cupcake! I actually hate watermelon so I didn’t make it taste like it, but because I love everything a watermelon stands for (that sounded better in my head – I like watermelons but I don’t like the taste of them, make sense? No? Okay, moving on…), so I wanted it to look like a watermelon as they remind me of summer.
Thank you for reading this post!
Jade Anna x