So when you forget you have a blog(!) that you should probably upload a post to, or you have no ideas whatsoever for something new to discuss, here are a couple of useful tips I have learnt after almost a year of blogging!
- First of all, DON’T PANIC! It’s so easy to start panicking once you forget something, but I find that the more your brain is thinking about new ideas, the harder it becomes to process them, and you get wound up in a blurry tornado inside your head (or is that just me?).
- Write about your interests. When you’re stuck on what to write, think of the things you enjoy doing. People will engage with your blog posts much more when they can see you are really passionate about your subject. Don’t feel that you have to write about trending topics or whatever is popular at the moment, write about what you love and the words will come naturally.
- Don’t feel that you HAVE TO write something. If you feel pressured to write a post because you’ve set yourself a goal to write every day or every week or whatever, then the post will be forced and it won’t be your best work. (*cough* take your own advice Jade *cough*.)
- Keep on track of things and save a load of future blog posts so that when you’re in a hurry, you have one spare to upload. Make a list of potential blog post ideas, then whittle it down to the possible ones. When you have a spare day, write up as many as you can so you’ve always got a post to publish.
- If you’re really stuck for ideas then write a post about blogging tips or blog post ideas (hey, it worked for me?!).
I hope you enjoyed reading this post!
Jade Anna x