In celebration of the release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, I have made this bookmark inspired by the Hogwarts uniforms; this is how you make it!
You will need:
- Card (of your house colour; blue, yellow, red or green)
- A marker pen (of your house colour; bronze/silver, black, gold or silver)
- Start with your piece of card and measure out the length of your book. Mark it on the card with a pencil, then mark 2cm extra and add that mark (you can erase the first mark now).
- Next, measure 4cm along the top of your mark, then draw a straight line to the end of your card, so you have a 4cm by the length of your book + 2cm rectangle.
- At the top of the rectangle, make a 4cm by 4cm square, and mark 2cm on each side.
- At the opposite end of the rectangle, measure 3cm length ways (on both sides) and make a mark, then mark where 2cm is at the bottom of the 4cm line.
- At the top of your rectangle where your 2cm mark is, widen it with 1cm with side so there is a 2cm line that forms the top of the tie, and mark with side. Repeat this for the bottom of your square you made earlier.
- Using a ruler, join the marks you make from to make a triangular edge, which forms the knot of the tie.
- From the marks at the bottom of your square (newly formed knot) draw a straight line down to your 3cm mark at the bottom of the tie. Then from your 3cm mark join it to your 2cm mark right at the bottom.
- Cut out this shape, and you should be left with a tie.
- Finally draw on the stripes of the tie using the marker coordinated with your house colour. I had to use a silver marker [film] because I didn’t have a bronze marker [book].
Jade Anna x