These cookies are a lovely Spring/Summer treat as they are so colourful, or you can always make them festive using red and green sprinkles. They are great because you don’t need to decorate them as the sprinkles are the decoration, yay for lazy sprinkles!
- 4oz unsalted butter
- 6oz granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6oz self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 4oz sprinkles
- Into a bowl, cream the butter until it’s smooth, then add the sugar until the mixture is light in colour and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, and mix together.
- Into a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Then add the dry mixture slowly to the wet ingredients as you mix them together.
- Once combined, fold in the sprinkles.
- Scoop sections of dough, roughly 2 tbsp each, and roll into balls.
- Chill the balls of dough in the fridge for minimum of 2 hours, which will prevent them from spreading too much whilst in the oven.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Baking the cookies for 8 minutes. They will appear to be uncooked and soft. Allow them to cool on the tray for 3 minutes then transfer them to a cooling wire to cool completely.
- The recipe makes around 12-15 cookies depending on how big you make them, but the recipe can easily be doubled.
Jade Anna x