This is a recipe for delicious sugar cookies, perfect for any time of year that I have adapted especially for Christmas.
You will need:
- 140g Icing Sugar
- 250g Butter
- 375g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 225g Icing Sugar
- 1 Egg White
- Cold Water
- Pre-heat your oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5 and line your baking tray.
- Into a mixing bowl, add the butter, icing sugar, vanilla and egg yolk. Cream together the mixture until all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Sift the flour in a little bit at a time and mix until it starts to form a dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and place it in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Lightly dust flour on the worktop and roll out your dough. Then, using Christmas cookie cutters, cut out shapes and put them on your baking tray(s).
- Put your tray(s) in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, until they’re lightly golden brown.
- Carefully slide them off your baking tray onto a cooling wire rack.
- While they’re cooling down, mix together the icing sugar and egg white, adding a teaspoon of water at a time to make your icing the consistency you want.
- Once your biscuits have cooled, pipe out the icing and decorate them however you want!
Thank you for reading this post, I hope you have a lovely Christmas!
Jade Anna x