Since Christmas is just around the corner I decided to bake some gingerbread men. Not only do they taste amazing but it will make your entire kitchen smell of Christmas!
- 12oz/350g plain flour (plus extra for rolling out)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4½oz/125g butter
- 6oz/175g light soft brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- writing icing
- any cake decorations of your choice
- Into a bowl, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon then put it into a food processor. Add the butter and blend the mixture together until it looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar. (Alternatively you can use your hands if you don’t mind getting messy!)
- Lightly beat the egg and the golden syrup tin get her in a bowl then add to the food processor and mix together until it form a dough. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth then wrap it in cling film and place in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Roll out the dough to half a centimetre thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut out your gingerbread men using cutters and place them onto the tray leaving a space between each one.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and leave to cool on a wire rack. Once cooled decorate them!
If you like gingerbread then try this recipe out, it’s delicious! Thank you for reading!
Jade Anna x